I’m thinking to switch my blog into English mode from today onwards. This makes very much sense: I don’t use Vietnamese as a communicative language anymore. By this mean, I hope I could increase my English ability, especially writing skill. Well, I don’t expect much, but certainly as this is a place where I can think and speak to myself, I grant myself a right to do anything I want. In conclusion, English – OK – Off you go! 🙂
So, another year has landed. I have never expected the time to fly this fast. Sometimes, I looked back and wondered what I had done during the past whole year. 2016, to me, was neither a year of success nor a period of self-impression. Nevertheless, it was indeed a year of exploration. It remarked an important milestone that I would have never ever forgotten for the rest of my life: I’m going to study abroad. It was actually a once in a lifetime experience. As you may notice in previous entries, I’m here in Germany for my master degree 🙂 It took me almost a year for application, preparation and, eventually, setting off. Why did I call this year an exploration? Because through these processes could I understand some aspects of myself and many things that I never thought one day I could have achieved. The feelings of preparing my application documents to send off to universities. The moments when I received acceptance letter or rejection letter. The nerves in my stomach when I applied for a EU Schengen Visa. The reminiscence when the departing date approached. The loss that I felt when I said the last Goodbye and gave my family last hugs before going inside the airport. The feeling of the first time going on a long-haul flight. The true relief I had when I put my first steps onto Europe – the land I used to dream of since I was a child. All of them, I will keep all of them at the most solemn place in my heart. I know those memories will never be faded away and accompany with me forever and ever.
Standing on the fringe of the New Year, I hope all the best for myself and promise that 2017 is gonna be another unforgettable year. That’s why I started to write this blog entry and try to make it personal and special. I came up with the below List of 2017 Resolutions and I will try my best to make it real.
So, here is the list!
- Move to another city for living on any purpose (internship/studying/working) except Soest and its surrounding areas.
- Do exercises everyday to get back in shape.
- Stop eating Chocolates everyday. I will restrict the volume of Chocolate I eat to 1 bar a week.
- Be able to find a part-time job to support my own living conditions and don’t need any further financial assistance from family.
- Be able to communicate fluently and discuss professional topics in English.
- Finish B2 German and be able to communicate fluently in daily topics.
- Visit at least 03 more countries and 03 more states in Germany.
- Be able to learn 01 new thing per day and make a separate entry to jot it down.
- Make this blog accessible for others. Currently, it is kept as secret and no one knows I own such blog.
- Not necessary, but will be nice to have: I want a love – a long-lasting true love this year. You know, I have been single for too long 😦
They are so-called 2017 New Year Resolutions. I will go back to the list every 3 months to review my progress.
Well, I think that’s enough for the very first blogspot and it’s about time to find an impressive picture to recognize it. Probably it’ll be about the first snow in my life 😉
PS. I don’t realize that writing an English blog is much easier for me now. I’m so surprised and impressed by myself.